It’s that time of year again when players are trying to decide where they should tryout and where they should play?
Before making a decision on where you should play, you need to look at the following, and then make an informed decision:
- Who will be the Head coach of the team you will play for?
- What are the coach’s qualifications? His/Her objectives?
- What are the coach’s philosophies?
- Does the Coach have tenure with the club soccer program?
- What experience does the coach possess?
- Are they looking to develop?
- Is it win at all costs (The quick fix)
- Who is the DOC of the club and what are his qualifications?
- Clubs goals and objectives?
- The infrastructure of the club
What does the club offer by way of further opportunities?
- Free Training with professional coaches?
- College referral?
- Overseas Travel?
- Extra training opportunities
What qualification does the coach possess?
- Is the coach successful?
- Are they renowned for player development?
- Do they possess good training abilities
- Do you feel this coach can get the best out of you and help you develop? \Do you want to play for this coach?
- Does the coach shout loudly from the side line thus unnerving you?
- Is the coach a positive force or a negative one?
- Does the coach understand your psychology?